1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

win 8.1 editing software & dvd burn

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by rosenpete100, Apr 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rosenpete100

rosenpete100 Thread Starter

Has anyone got any W 8.1 video editing software suggestions? I used Live Movie Maker to edit, but it won`t burn to dvd. I need a good, easy editing programme (including music addition) & a burn to DVD programme that will work with together. Why ever did Microsoft take away DVD Maker?

2. Golden_

Golden_

I don't know of any editing software, though I can say Img. Burn is a good programme to burn something to disc. I used it multiple times for other purposes but I am sure it could work also in yours.

3. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

M$ left the DVD Maker out of W8 and the Movie Maker hasn't been updated in 2 years.

Some idiot put the DVD Maker in the OS for W7 (and not the downloadable/updateable Movie Maker) ...
    .... And another one removed it from W8 (whatever version is the flavor of the month)

Many on the W8 forums are suggesting the free DVD Styler for the DVD authoring.

Image Burn is not a DVD authoring app .... Be Careful if you install Image Burn
    Thankfully, I still have XP & W7

4. rosenpete100

Burning solved - any ideas re editing (particularly want to add music, which AVS doesn`t seem to do)

5. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

6. rosenpete100

Don`t seem to be able to save to wmv with WMM

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!