1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win 95 and XP PRO installation

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by vcmohan, Jan 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vcmohan

vcmohan Thread Starter

I am building my own PC for the first time. I want to use my old PC hard disk of 10GB 5400rpm along with a new 40GB 7200 rpm HDD. On the old HDD I have Windows 95 on C partition FAT 32. I have also a D partition of about 4GB with data which can be moved to C if needed. If I install Windows XP PRO on the D partition and use new HDD as E for video editing will I have any performance hit or is it a good solution?

2. haugmichael

haugmichael

I would put XP on the new drive, less hassles this way no moving of files and the like. Every one that I know that has Win9x and XP on the same hdd have hade to make the XP partition 6Gb for it to work properly

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/111805

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice