win 95 problems.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

beetlejuice

i have a couple problems with my OS. when i first boot up the computer and enter into windows. i get an error message, (connot open "C:\autoexec.bat") i dont know why it even wants to open this in the first place. is there a way to fix this?

next is, it takes so long to load windows because everything will open up right when i start it. realplayer,quicktime, the printer, ect. how can i change this?

thats it for now, i just wanna fix these couple things. thanks (y)

blues_harp28

Hi..check whats running at start up..
Start>run>type>msconfig>click on start up tab..
All you need are..
1.Scan Registry
2.System Tray
3.State Mgr
4.Anti virus program
5.Firewall...uncheck what you don't need..apply..reboot..

beetlejuice

it gives me an error message.

"cannot find msconfig or one of the related files". something like that, is there anything else i can do? :eek:

blues_harp28

Hi..D/load..Spybot..Ad-Aware..links below..check for up-dates..scan..remove what they find..
Run Hijack this log..link below..Install in C:\ program file..
Let it scan..save logfile to notepad>edit>select all>edit>copy>paste on your thread..
A log expert will help you..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online