1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

win 95 reboot

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by robertsbunch, Sep 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. robertsbunch

robertsbunch Thread Starter

i have a lap top i need to reboot it. it only has a foppy / a . where do i find one ? how much does one cost??? what if any other options do i have?

2. Steve-x8086

Steve-x8086

First Name:
    Steve
    Hmm... You have a laptop that doesn't have a Hard drive? Please let us know more. Did the HD Crash? Did you loose the W-95 files on the HD?

Steve-x8086

3. robertsbunch

it is an old lap top -zenith- i only used it to play the games on 95 and save on the floppy disk a- i bought a pcm card to be able to hook it up to the internet. now my floppy is unacessable. i think it has a conflict with the two???? i took the card out and it asks for a reboot....

4. Steve-x8086

Steve-x8086

First Name:
    Steve
    Make sure that you didn't accidentally disconnect an important wire. To reboot, usually you can Cnt-Alt-Del. Sounds like the Bat file may have been changed. Did you run an installation program for the pcm card? Did you try and "Uninstall" the pcm driver? Sounds like the Com ports may have been changed inadvertantly.

Hope these suggestions will lead you the right way.

Steve-x8086

5. robertsbunch

my husband took the lap top to work to have a guy look at it...he said he thinks the ram went out...what does that mean in really stupid terms....why would it work okay until i tried to hook up that card and them immediatly have this problem.....i am sure he tried the cntl/alt/delete.....

6. Steve-x8086

Steve-x8086

First Name:
    Steve
    RAM means Random Access Memory. It is the memory on computer chips that can be added or replaced. It is a necessary thing to run computers. When you are using a program, it usually used this memory to run and then saves changed files to the hard drive. Computer 101

Steve-x8086

7. robertsbunch

so how much $ to replace the ram? when replaced will i be able to use the card i bought for hooking into the internet? if i buy a ram replacement how will i reboot 95 in it? i have a disk but my lap only (or use to ) reads floppy in drive a....how do you do that----i hate to spend money on something that i can't use afterwards......

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168444

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice