1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

win 98 license

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by chewie1012, Jan 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chewie1012

chewie1012 Thread Starter

I have two copies of win 98 and two license books. Is their a way to tell which cd goes with which license?

2. Foamer

Foamer Guest

Hi chewie...

I would say take one of the CD's... Put it in your computer and do a test install. You should be given the option to do so. That way it will not realy install on the hard drive. Then you will be given several chances to put in a licence code. If the code from one book don't work... the other one should. Then match them up and cancel the insalation.

Someone ells might have a better way though...

Good luck :)

3. esdxc37

esdxc37

am I missing something here
    2 copies and 2 licenses
    it does not matter which one you use as windows 9x is not license no specific

4. chewie1012

chewie1012 Thread Starter

So any license will work? Win 98 is not license specific?

5. AnyKey

AnyKey

esd is right.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66187

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice