1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

win 98 netscape attachment

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by conlo, Jan 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. conlo

conlo Thread Starter

Thru Netscape, I located a site and thru that site I can ask a math question to a volunteer teacher or person. I have my question and diagram all made in MS Word. When I cut and Paste, it will Paste only the text. If I select all in the document , it will select only the text. I don't have a direct e-mail address to Send To . What's the best way to do this. I want to make sure the teacher gets both the text and my sketches. I tried scanning and then attach it with no luck.
    Conrad

2. TechChick

TechChick

Unless the web site offers a link or a method for you to upload the pictures, you probably won't be able to send them. Web forms can't usually handle graphics. You could send all the text for your question, and then put a note at the end that says you have some sketches you'd like to share. Maybe the person who responds would provide you some way of sending in the sketches.

3. hewee

hewee

conlo,

I you want to have a copy of every thing like at the web site on your PC.

First make a folder on you PC desktop or where ever you want it.

Go to the web page, go uo to file, then to edit page.
    It will open that page in Composer.
    Once it all loads then go to edit, save-as and give the file a name and save it in the folder you made. You may want to check that all the web links are the right links.
    They may point to where you saved the file but you can re-edit the page or check to see if they are right the first time before you save.

Then after you have all the pages you want and know it all works ok you can make another folder and edit the pages again and take out ads, and other junk that you don't want and save them in the new folder. Open them up and check them out and if it's all there and works you can trash the first set you made.

So for you to make your own then use there layout and start a new page and make your own web page.

How you can you sent it without an address?

Can you post the site so we can see how it works.

4. TechChick

TechChick

I don't think that's what conlo wants to do, hewee. I think conlo is submitting information on a web form and is trying to copy text and graphics from a Word document into the web form.

5. hewee

hewee

Yea I see that now but if conlo post the site we can see how it works and try to help.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65505

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice