1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

win 98 se freezin bad

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by wayne_v, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayne_v

wayne_v Thread Starter

i'm getting the ccapp not responding alot and msn explorer keeps freezin everytime i try to sign in it was workin fine earlier today now i don' know what's goin on

can anyone help with these problems?

2. Miz

Miz

Do you have Norton Anti-Virus installed? I have a suspicion that the problems with ccapp and MSN Explorer freezing are closely related. Problems with ccapp usually keep you from getting online.

CCAPP - Symantec’s Common Client Application for Norton AntiVirus 2003/4, Norton Personal Firewall 2003/4, and Norton Internet Security 2003/4. This task is, effectively, the "master" task in these products as its role is to call the different program features of the above products. For example, if Auto-Protect and E-mail Scanning are enabled, then CCAPP makes sure that those programs are running. If CCAPP is disabled, then Auto-Protect and Email Scanning will not run.

It is recommended that you do a manual LiveUpdate every so often in order to pick up software updates (and not just virus definitions updates) as this task has had a few irritating bugs in the past.
    (Source)

Disable Norton AV and then make sure ccapp is not running by opening Task Manager. If it is still running, end it through Task Manager. If the internet problem disappears, then you'll know the culprit. If doing a manual update as suggested above doesn't fix things when you reboot and NAV starts up again, disable NAV and end ccapp again so you can get online and search Symantec's support pages for a solution.

3. wayne_v

wayne_v Thread Starter

thanks i'll try that i'm gettin the msgsrv32 not responding also and it seems to be linked is this possible

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173008

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice