1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win 98 SE

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Gary16735, Nov 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gary16735

Gary16735 Thread Starter

Running Windows 98 SE 4.10.2222A
    Tried running the test from PCWorld Magazine to see if PC was ready for XP. Came back with nothing and said my BIOS were pre 2000. Is there a site to upgrade this version on Win 98SE? Any help or advise would be appreciated. Thanks Gary

2. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

Gary you may be able to go to your manufacturers page & get a BIOS flash . But nothing else can be done to update it w/out physically changing it.

Savvy :)

3. Gary16735

Gary16735 Thread Starter

Thank you, Savvy Lady. Have been watching your posts and will follow you advice. Have a AMD custom and will go back to the place where purchased. Thank you, Gary(Where is your picture?)

4. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

If you have been watching you'll recall I just got a new PC... My photo is on the old PC.
    Going to pull the junk off that one soon :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59960

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice