Win 98 Start Menu Order

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

phil-key

Here is a simple question (I hope).

My company just upgraded my desktop from Windows 95 to Windows 98 SE.

When I access the Program menu (Start - Programs), there doesn't seem to be any logic to the way the items are displayed. The folders are mixed in with shortcuts to individual applications and nothing is in alphabetical order.

Is there any way to sort the menu like it was on my Windows 95 desktop? Specifically, everything sorted alphabetically with all the folders listed first, followed by the individual shortcuts.

right click in start, programs, list area
sort by name

'right click' function in 98 does a lot more than it did in 95, experiment :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online