1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win 98 Start Menu Order

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by phil-key, Dec 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phil-key

phil-key Thread Starter

Here is a simple question (I hope).

My company just upgraded my desktop from Windows 95 to Windows 98 SE.

When I access the Program menu (Start - Programs), there doesn't seem to be any logic to the way the items are displayed. The folders are mixed in with shortcuts to individual applications and nothing is in alphabetical order.

Is there any way to sort the menu like it was on my Windows 95 desktop? Specifically, everything sorted alphabetically with all the folders listed first, followed by the individual shortcuts.

2. jbcalg

jbcalg

right click in start, programs, list area
    sort by name

'right click' function in 98 does a lot more than it did in 95, experiment :)

3. phil-key

phil-key Thread Starter

Thanks! This was just what I was looking for:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60899

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice