Win 98

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

aungzaymin

I installed a Panda Platinum Anti-Virus program on one of my computer and found and deleted 25 infected files. I cannot use any of my application such as Word, Excel, and other loaded program. Whenever I try using those application a window pop up looking for a start.exe.
However, I can use the Internet Explorer to access the Internet. I need help urgently.

Thanks.

AZM

were you infected with a trojan named 'kevor'? did you run the scan again to be sure all of the infections are gone? you want to be able to run a scan and come up completely clean. you also want to know what files were deleted (that could not be disinfected). there should be a log of that - can you locate it and post? and just to verify, you are running win98 or ?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Post the HijackThis log, as advised to. It'll tell us a lot about what's running and "hiding" in your computer.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online