Win a MvixBOX!

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
As mentioned in our latest podcast, we are going to give away one MvixBOX 2-Bay Ultra-Performance NAS / Media Server ($300 value) to one lucky person who replies to this thread. Just reply to this post and let us know what you would use it for and we'll randomly pick a winner during our next podcast on Sunday, December 14th around 3:00PM Eastern at www.TechGuyNews.com.

Learn about the product or buy one from:
ThinkGeek
MicroCenter
Antonline
Amazon

Product Features:
  • Media Server, File Server, Web Server, Torrent, NAS, FTP, Free DDNS, Gigabit Network.
  • Stream AVI, MPEG, movies and music to your Mvix Media player or share media across PCs via uPnP protocol
  • Centralized File Storage & Sharing Server. Innovative "Webdisk" functionality allows simple drag-drop files between PCs and MvixBOX
  • Pre-configured Webserver: MvixBox comes pre-installed and pre-configured with Apache, MySQL, SQlife, and PHP modules - offering an excellent, low-cost web-server for small businesses and developers.
  • Simple and Secure Administration: Web-based, intuitive configuration module for user / group administration. Included Software allows scheduling and synchronizing data backups.

Technical Details
  • Compatible with 1.5 TB SATA Hard Drives, Turnkey file-sharing & transfer solution with full SSH Access.
  • Complete file encryption for local or remote access of sensitive data via FTP or HTTP
  • Users can create personal websites, blogs, wikis, family forums on the MvixBOX with easy to use configuration wizard
  • Quick Launcher Download, WebDisk Explorer, Windows Explorer, Web Explorer, Blog, Torrent Client, RSS Reader, Administrator and more
  • Gigabit wired network offers high bandwidth, allowing streaming of Hi-Def. files across LAN clients and media players such as Mvix Media Centers, Sonos Digital Music System, Apple iTunes clients, Sony Playstation 3 and Microsoft Xbox 360

Now for the fine print:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.

All winners must be 18 years of age or older.

The winner will be chosen at random from those who have replied to this thread and are 18 years of age or older.

TechGuy, Inc. is not responsible for and will not consider incomplete or incorrect entries, or posts sent but not received by TechGuy, Inc. for any reason, as potential contest winners.

The winner will be contacted at the email address registered at forums.techguy.org and the person receiving and replying to the winner announcement email will be considered the winner unless they specify another person within the reply email as the winner. TechGuy, Inc. will mail the contest prize to the address supplied by the recipient of the winner announcement email.

No person may enter any contest more than once using multiple email addresses.

Claiming of prizes requires an email response to TechGuy, Inc. from the winning sender email address within 30 days of being notified of winning at the email address used to enter. Failure to respond shall mean that the winner forfeits the prize. TechGuy, Inc. is not required to award elsewhere any prizes forfeited by the chosen winner(s).

Winners are solely responsible for all taxes and/or fees that may be incurred. Each prizewinner must supply TechGuy, Inc. with his/her legal name, mailing address, birth date, daytime and nighttime telephone numbers. In the case of a cash winner, winner must also supply social security number.

Winners may not request substitutions of prize winnings. All winners are solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees, and all such additional costs that may be incurred.

Neither TechGuy, Inc., TechGuy, Inc. sponsors, nor employees of TechGuy, Inc. or sponsors may be held liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or any other claims incurred as a result of usage of any winners of a prize once possession has been taken of the product by winner. TechGuy, Inc. is not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with or resulting from any contest promoted by TechGuy, Inc.

If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, TechGuy, Inc. may substitute a prize of like or equal value.

Employees TechGuy, Inc. and their families are not eligible to win.

TechGuy, Inc. reserves the right to alter any rules of any contest at anytime. If you have any questions or concerns about a TechGuy, Inc. contest, please email mike@techguy.org

Thanks for the opportunity.

I would put my site on it and clean up the glut of files contained on my ultra slow home comp. :( Of course after a hard drive was installed into the MvixBOX. (y)

Wow I would use it for backup and to store all the images, add-on to image programs and other downloads. All things that do not need to be on your computer taking up space.

leroys1000

Banned
Wow,cool deal.
I could use something like this to learn more about the technology,
so I would be better able to help others in the future.

LauraMJ

Administrator
I would give it to my sister to use as a backup for her and her husband's business so that the next time she kills her computer (it WILL happen), she doesn't lose all her business files. :)

Could i store my chocolate in it ?? :p

I wouldnt expect you to deliver it to the UK so would donate to a friend of mine in the USA ....who needs one:D

I would donate it to a small school where I live. They need it badly. With the state of Arizona cutting so much from their budget, this school could really use this system. I donate some time for them to help out. These are the kids of "our" future !!

I would send it to my older brother, over in Iraq...with some music and movies already ripped onto a hard drive. So that way his EOD crew and he could watch some movies and listen to tunes.

I'd like to see more interest in WiFi in my area. I'm surrounded by apartment buildings... so you think it would be easy: but how do you find like-minded people for a community network? Not easy, last time I tried.

I run an open access point, and in January I'm going to try again, using a free login portal to tell people about the community-Wifi idea: and as a lure I'd like to offer up a bunch of open source apps and videos to get people used to the idea of sharing with their neighbours. I was going to store everything on a dusty old Linux box: but the MvixBOX looks like it could host everything itself.

Sorry for all the links but I've had this WiFi thing in my brain for awhile now and this contest kinda pulled it all together. If I could plug it into my WiFi router and have everything mostly "just work" it would be pretty slick!

So, please enter me in your draw! :)

Will use it as a central media server / web server. Via gigabit, it will house all my video and music files and always remain on, allowing all the pc's (and my 760HD) in my home to access all my media... can't wait to win. heh.
-maltice

I think I would use it to host a website or maybe backup all my computers for a quick recovery or to sync up all my computers and anything else I could think of,

I've got some hard drives around that I could put in it :)

I've never heard of this before but it looks pretty good.

Nice contest, it'd be nice to win. (y)

I'd store our family pics and home movies; as well as other movies so that my husband, whose paralyzed on 1 side and confined to a wheelchair would have something to watch other than some of the trash on TV. I already have everything cable has to offer and this would be a GREAT addition, and a great holiday gift to him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online