1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win Explorer Keeps shutting down

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by msonberg, Apr 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msonberg

msonberg Thread Starter

Win Explorer Keeps shutting down
    Help! Windows Explorer keeps trying to run and shuts down on it's own. My pc is experiencing ALL kinds of problems. I've already tried:

Reinstalling windows
    Replaced my RAM
    Replaced my Video Card
    Unplugged my DVD writer
    Updated my BIOS
    Formatted my hard drive

I can't find anything on this. I don't know where else to go with this! Please! PLEASE PLEASE! Someone has to be able to help me!

I'm so desparate here. I've had partial help from several people so far and still have not been able to come up with the source of my problem and it just seems to be getting worse. It started out just with a simple reboot every so often and now all kinds of things aren't working correctly. When windows starts sometimes it says that it has recovered from a serious error and suggests that there is something wrong with PowerDVD's drivers, but I've uninstalled that software and before that I tried updating the drivers. Nothing! Still having all my problems. C

Can anyone figure this out?

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Either the hard drive is dying or you ahve a trojan/spyware.

It would help if you get the exact message.

Also try running HighJackThis and post a log here.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224212

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice