1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WIN ME after install hang

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by wasd2k4, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wasd2k4

wasd2k4 Thread Starter

when we finished installed Windows ME it suddenly hangs at the start of the windows. when we press ctr-alt-del it says that msgrv32(not responding) when we end task it doesnt continue. we tried in safe mode we tried to uninstall our video card and when we restart it continues but the graphics are worst. when we tried to install the newest driver the msgsrv still not responds and hangs at start up. How can i fix this of problem. is the windows me or the driver

2. Styxx

Styxx Banned

You may have installed the add-in video card wrong. If the computer has on-board graphics, those drivers have to be installed and working correctly; The on-board graphics changed to Standard VGA; computer restarted; then changed to standard VGA then disabled in Device Manager and computer shut straight down, not restarted; The add-in card installed; monitor switched to that card and the computer restarted an d the add-in card's drivers installed.

3. walkeriam

walkeriam

Have you installed any other programs since installing Windows ME?

4. wasd2k4

wasd2k4 Thread Starter

i didnt installed any programs and my graphics card is an AGP ASUS v7100 geforce 2 MX 400

5. wasd2k4

wasd2k4 Thread Starter

now it got worst at the last time i uninstall the driver. it hang at the beginning of win me and it only shows a black screen with a cursor

6. walkeriam

walkeriam

I'm not sure if WindowsME is the same as 98se but try this.
    Start your computer in SAFE MODE (tap F8 when first starting computer and choose Safe Mode). Go to START>RUN and type in MSCONFIG and click OK. Click on the ADVANCED button at the bottom. Put a check mark in VGA 640X480x16 and re-start your computer.

If you get that far, go here and click on PRIMARY DOWNLOAD SITE. This should download the correct driver for that card after you ACCEPT the license agreement.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win9x_45.23

Let us know if that works.

7. walkeriam

walkeriam

Did you get this fixed and if so how?

Thanks for your feedback.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166963

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice