1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win ME / Norton SystemWorks 2003

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by emac, Jan 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emac

emac Thread Starter

Attempted to run One Button Cleanup and got message that either a virus or previous files leftover from prev installation ( not true)
    Went to online Symantec for support and received info that it was a possible corrupt Windows registry. Used "scanreg.exe to repair -no luck
    Symantec support line said to uninstall /restall Norton Systemworks. When I uninstall - I lose Internet Explorer usage. But when I install I get message that an unauthorized files have been changed. I've run "Live Update - but Norton Antivirus seems to be disabled. I've run Windoctor. From the Symantec site I've run a security and virus scan and their results say I'm fine.
    SYmantec suggested I upgrade to a newer version since they don't support the 2003 version.
    I don't know if it's the Norton software or my Win ME

Going Crazy ~

2. 911

Has anyone noticed how many people are having problems with Symantec products ? They all bring them here because Symantec does not support any of their products. Maybe too many people are still forking over good money for bad service.

I think this problem is one I have seen from a number of people that have problems re-installing Norton products. They do not re-install easily. You must remove every file and folder with the name Norton or Symantec from your system before you can re-install anything, and removing them is not easy. Here is a set of instructions that may be useful.
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2001092114452606

3. johnni

johnni

Not much help to you I'm afraid, but I have had WinME for nearly four years and it is still running without problems. I have never used any Norton/Symantic products as there is plenty of satisfactory freeware out there.
    (I have done only one or two Windows updates also!!)

johnni

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/322747

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice