1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

win media not detecting...

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by scovik88, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. scovik88

scovik88 Thread Starter

I hope to figure out this problem soon because this cd is for my late friends funeral. I am trying to burn some of his favorite songs onto a blank cd but windows media or nero does not detect a disk in the drive. The drive does play cd/dvd fine and I did some burning last week and everything was fine. My device mgr. sees it ok and I have uninstalled and re-installed,updated drivers and cleaned lense with Philips lens cleaner.It is a Lite-on combo model SOHC-5235K and I am running Winxp-sp2.I have an AMD Athlon XP2200+ cpu on an ASUS A7V8X-X motherboard. If you need anymore info please let me know so I can resolve this problem asap.

Thanks,Scott:confused:

2. bonk

bonk Banned

Howdy,

How old is this CD-Rom and is it a DVD writer too.....

Have you tried different make of disks

3. RootbeaR

RootbeaR

Try getting the songs ready to burn, click burn and put the CD in when it asks for a disc.

4. wtxcowboy

wtxcowboy

right click properties on disc drive & make sure that "allow cd burning" is checked :D

5. scovik88

scovik88 Thread Starter

Hey Cowboy,
    The drive is only a couple years old and it is a dvd writer also. I have tried two diierent makes of disk and neither worked. I don't understand, I used the same disk to burn with last week but it will not work this time?

6. scovik88

scovik88 Thread Starter

thanks , I'll try that.

7. scovik88

scovik88 Thread Starter

allow cd burnind is checked. Everything has to quit working sometime. Maybe it's the time. Thanks for all the suggestions.

8. wtxcowboy

wtxcowboy

could be that it has just failed. does happen. good luck :D

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542434

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice