1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

win media plyr error msg playing AVI

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by RyanC321, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyanC321

RyanC321 Thread Starter

Hi,
    I have win media plyr 10. Win xp home sp2. 1.4GB RAM. 2.66 mhz P4. On board video.

I made some AVI files with camstudio, a screen capture program. I had no problems playing them in wmp until my AVI file size got over 1 GB. Then when trying to play it in wmp I get the message -windows media player cannot play the file. one or more codecs could not be found."

So I downloaded the camstudio codecs. This may have affected the camstudio player but not wmp.

I looked up the error message number for this and it is: C00D109B. Microsoft says either I don't have the correct codec or the AVI file is corrupt.

I'm going to try and make another AVI file > 1 GB to see if it was just the file that was corrupt. I seem to remember playing MPEG files or DVD's which were over 1 GB on wmp.

2. t bone

t bone

still having the prob.?

if so try this codec pack

3. RyanC321

RyanC321 Thread Starter

yes, I'm still having the trouble. Thanks for the info. ryan

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/535968

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice