1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win Mediaplayer + CD

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Collin, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Collin

Collin Thread Starter

Hello all,

I'm having a bit of trouble with mediaplayer.... It worked fine in the past but lately I cannot move back/forward when playing a movie from CD..... When I move the slider to the left or the right, the movie just starts over instead of starting where the slider is.... I only get this when I watch from CD, not when it's on my hard drive.....

I have winME and Mediaplayer9..... I did a 'check-up' with a program like aida32 (but it wasn't aida, it was something beginning with a 'b' but cannot remember the name) and I got a message that one update got an error... I installed that again, but that didn't fix anything.... :(

Any thoughts on what is causing this?

Thanks! :)

2. RSM123

RSM123

You might like to read this site intended for troubleshooting Win Media Player problems :

http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html#assoc

I think in your post you were referring to Belarc Advisor - my copy lists all the Win Hotfixes that have been appplied. Not sure but if you can post some specifics, someone here may be able to make a more constructive suggestion.

3. Collin

Collin Thread Starter

Yes, Belarc! That's it... :)

Thanks for that mini FAQ, RSM123! :)
    I read something about my problem I think....

A while back I had some problems with getting a game to run, and one of the options I had to try was to switch off DMA on my CD drive... That didn't help, so I switched it back on. But I remember getting an error message or something saying my drive wasn't up for DMA (or something like that :confused:)....

Could this be the cause of problem of not being able to skip when viewing a movie from CD?

4. Collin

Collin Thread Starter

bump! :eek:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164914

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice