1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win Server 2003 SE for Small Business Qs

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by hatlestad, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hatlestad

hatlestad Thread Starter

It might help to read my previous post found in a different forum: http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?p=2611011#post2611011

This is just to clarify on what I was told in response to my previous thread.

For my small business, I have another company located in a different part of the country that will need to remotely access my server and use it as if that computer was sitting directly in front of them. The problem is I need multiple users to work on this computer at the same time.

In response I was told that I need to have a Terminal Server. I have the box that I would use the Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition software on, here are some specs:

CPU: P4 2.8 Ghz
    Ram: 1 GB SDRAM (cant confirm speed at current moment); can upgrade ram if need be
    HD: 160 GB

If I bought the Windows Server 2003 SE for $999; and then bought a 5 pack of TS Client Access Liscenses for $749....would at LEAST 5 users from this partnering company be able to access the computer at the same time as if the computer were sitting in front of them, and are the specs of this computer enough to manage those 5 users without too much distraction?

Is the box even fast enough? Or do I need to invest in a more powerful server?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/363205

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice