1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Win.trojan.agent/Blackshades

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by ned93, May 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ned93

ned93 Thread Starter

Hi all, I have a friend who had a Belkin Extender misbehaving. She phoned "someone" who accessed her computer. He was doing something then told her that her network was infected with Blackshades. I don't know if he did it, or if it was there previously.
    Anyway I got her to run Malwarebytes, it came up empty.
    She then ran ClamWin Antivirus, which came up with 6 entries all dealing with win.trojan.agent.
    They were mostly exe files in her download folder which I deleted.
    I also ran HitmanPro which only came up with a list of cookies, no other threats.
    What else can I do to ease her mind or get rid of the crap?
    Its a 7 year old Dell, running Win 7.
    I don't know if this is related but she cant access Windows Update in her control panel.
    Thanks
    Ned

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1210312

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice