Win VNC Isn't working??? PLEASE HELP!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

thecaravanman

Hi,

I am trying WinVNC for the first time and I'm not havin much luck with it. At the moment all i'm trying to do is connect to one pc to the other. I've turned off both firewalls and both the PC's are in my house, (2 phone lines) I keep getting "can't connect to server" errors. I have tried using the viewer and the Java option.

When I have got it working I intend to connect to my laptop which will be behind a router on adsl but at the moment they are only dial-up.

Thanks,
Matt

Since you are on a dial-up connection, you will need to keep changing the server's IP address that you are connecting to.

Can you give the specifics on what each computer's configuraton is.

thecaravanman

Hi,

Each computer is in my house, they are both on different dial up connections. I can go between them to make sure i am using the right IP address.

I have tried a couple of times now.

Also when I try to connect to my laptop that I left on ADSL it compues up with the same error.

All hlp is greatly appreciated

You have a VNCserver running on one of the machines? And you're trying to use VNCviewer from the other to get thru? Right?

From the first post I thought it was disabled. Which one was initially disabled and which one was just turned off.

thecaravanman

Sorry,

I meant that Zonealarm was disabled but I hadnt thought about Winodws firewall up to now!

Thanks,
Matt

Just remember that when it comes to connecting to the laptop on adsl, you will need to make sure the port on the router is configured to forward the vnc request to the laptop.

Of course, if you've already connected, then never mind;):D

thecaravanman

Hi,

THanks for all your help, havent got the router yet but I will try to make it work when I've got it!

Thanks,
Matt

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!