1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win Vnc

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Loui5D, Jun 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Loui5D

Loui5D Thread Starter

Hi all,

Hopefully someone will be able to help me with this really finicky issue i sometimes get:
    (using win XP)
    Winvnc.exe is placed in the startup area but we need for it to start as a service so we can use it when it is needed. So we move the exe to c:\ so it's path is c:\winvnc.exe The problem is trying to get it to start as a service and it asks for a password.

This is how we do it: open cmd, type cd\ to change it to root, type "winvnc -install", that registers it as a service, then use "net start winvnc" then it should prompt for a password to be entered but sometimes it doesn't. Any ideas on how this is caused so i can get it to prompt for a password?

2. Loui5D

Loui5D Thread Starter

No ideas?

3. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Dave Trusted Advisor

I thought one of the options of the VNC family of product was to install as a service on the host machine with passwords etc pre-configured. It is only when you try to connect a guest that you are asked for the password on the guest.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1058779