1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

win xp & 3com 3c509/b

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Andycartz, Dec 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Andycartz

Andycartz Thread Starter

can anyone please help me?

i'm trying to get hold of a set of drivers for my 3Com

3c509/3c509b ISA card, it's not plug n prey and win xp won't install the NT drivers, i can't extract the win2K ones as i don't know what or where i might find them, i am dual booting 98se and 2k at mo but want to have xp on instead, and xp wont let me use the card.

any help appreciated.

Andy:)

2. Rikku

Rikku

How does Windows XP handle Legacy Cards??? Anyone?

I don't have any in my system, so I'm not sure....

3. Brooks

Brooks Guest

3com discontinued support for that card a little over 2 years ago. It will not load correctly in XP. They did not even release any drivers for the 3c509b for Windows 2000. I am trying to remember, but I don't think that Windows 2000 could install it except in legacy mode, which I have been unable to figure out how to use in XP so far. But according to the HCL, that card is not supported at all in XP.

I am afraid that you are going to have to buy a PCI based card for that system.

Not to worry though, Network cards compatible with XP are cheap. The Netgear FA311 works with XP and can be picked up for about $20.00 or so.

4. Dan O

Dan O

I am having a problem getting an old WinModem to work and use a script with XP. The connection is not stable and the scritp will not run at all. So I am going to try a older ISA real modem.

As for your problem I think I found a link that should help:
    http://www.wown.com/j_helmig/wxpisanc.htm

Let us know.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62197

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice