Win XP BIOS screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Slick Nick

Hello all. My computer is running Win XP SP1. I would like to speed up my boot time by reducing the length of time the initial BIOS screen is seen. My BIOS screen stays on for about 30 seconds or so. I would like to reduce it to about 10 seconds. That would still give me ample time to enter the BIOS setup screen by hitting F2 if need be. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You can go into BIOS and look for a FastBoot option or similar and enable it . There may also be an Extended Memory Check option which you would want to disable to speed up POST . Within the confines of my limited knowledge once you've set those options you pretty much get what you're given as far as POST time goes .

also, have u thought about installing SP3 or even 2 for the security updates? microsoft also has bootvis that u can try.

Slick Nick

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I had already gone into the BIOS and made sure that the QuickBoot mode was enabled. So that wasn't the problem. As for installing SP2 or SP3, I had tried both previously. They both screwed up my system real bad. Luckily, I back up my drives with Acronis TrueImage. So I was able to quickly recover from the SPs. I decided that I didn't want go through that again and stayed with SP1. I get the needed security updates from the MS website. I also used BootVis a while back and it didn't really do much.

Slick Nick

Please post some system specs
Thanks for the reply. Here's what I'm running. Win XP SP1 with a 2 Ghz Celeron processor and 1 GB of RAM. I have a bit over 300 GB of drive space on 3 drives. I am also on a network using a Linksys wireless router. If you need more info, let me know.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts