1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win XP Crashes

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Zsolt Kükedi, Sep 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Zsolt Kükedi

Zsolt Kükedi Thread Starter

Hi,

My Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1 Build 2600) is crashes sometimes. I can't reproduce the crash by myself, but when the computer try to switch to power management it surely shows a blue screen with dump information on it and restarts. The screen names the sysdrv.sys file as the cause of the crash. I do not know the origin of the file, but what i know is the company IT instaled the NOD32 Antivirus System and the MS AXAPTA ERP Client and Server on my computer, all on the same day.
    The computer is an IBM ThinkPad (System Model: 236681G, BIOS Version/Date: IBM 1IET61WW (2.02b), 2002.12.12)

Could enyone help what can I do?
    Is the dump information available for review somewhere?

Regards, Zsolt Kükedi

2. Chicon

Chicon

Hi Zsolt Kükedi,

I suggest you try to this procedure to stop your system on your blue screen. So, you'll have the time to write on a sheet of paper the error message you get.
    It is important to know what device is responsible of the system crash.

If it's possible, log on in safe mode (press the F8 key many times during the booting process) with your administrator account.
    Right click on the My Computer icon, select Properties, select the Advanced tab, click on the button "Startup and Recovery", uncheck "Autostartup", click OK to apply.
    You will be asked to restart the computer and you click OK.
    If it works you will have a static blue screen with the error message otherwise you will have to call the company which installed the software and hardware.

3. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

Or, if you need this information quickly, go to Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Event Viewer>System and see what the message after the reboot tells you. It should say "Windows has recovered from a serious error" etc and then go on to repeat what was showing on the bluescreen.

4. Zsolt Kükedi

Dear Saga,
    The message on the location you have mentioned is "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000008e (0xc0000005, 0xf99a8627, 0xf3705c88, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: D:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini091604-06.dmp."
    The file is not comprehensible. :confused:

5. Zsolt Kükedi

Hi Chicon,
    I've disabled the drv file in Device Manager to let me to work. I do not know which program belongs to that driver. After having more time I will switch it back and look for the message. If I write down will it be usable for you?

6. Chicon

Chicon

Yes, it will be useful to detect the responsible device for the blue screen.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/274997

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice