1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win XP driver for GD5434 video card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by G88, May 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. G88

G88 Thread Starter

I am trying to add a second video card to my Win XP computer so as to have a dual monitor set up.

(The second video card is from an older computer that used either Win95 or 98)

The problem is that after MUCH searching I have not been able to find ANY Win XP drivers for this video card that I could test out and try.

One of the numbers on the back of the card is CLVGA54PCI

On the chip on the card it says Cirrus Logic CL-GD5446BV-HC-B

And from what I have read the card model seems to be GD5434

Has there EVER been a WIN XP driver made for this card ?

If so, please tell me where I can find it at, Thanks !

Gary

2. TekTime

TekTime

I don't see an indication of XP compatibility on many sites, it seems that a driver has been made only for Windows: 95, 98, 98SE, ME, 2000, NT,7, Vista. BUT, on other sites I see that there is XP compatibility. Most of the websites I am seeing want you to pay to download the driver, which is not good if it's not compatible!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/923837