Win-XP Freezes..........help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

vivek_s65

Hi ,

To give the background ..........I have win-xp(pro) /sp2 with Zone alarm, Mcafee AV , MS Antispyware running. Also at times I remotely connect to my PC to access Oracle 10g running on my pc. Some times back I did P2P downloading also.

Off late I'm finding my pc freezes completely . I have to reboot or restart again after rebooting to safe mode.Mcafee AV and antispyware show nothing as wrong . I have also done defragmentation of the drive . Now for last few days even the network connection symbol at the time of starting does not come while starting the pc and after C+A+D , it starts running .
I have 512MB ram so i suppose memry shouldn't be a problem .

Also while connecting to oracle 10g from Iexplorer now -a-days i get a alert message as 'Connection refused.........'
BTW I would like to tell that i did give command of scan to repair windows file but it was for sp1 .......

Only stuff that I havenot done is running antivirus and spyware in safe mode .

Is there any solution please ......................?

Vivek

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online