1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win Xp Hangs!!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by wasd2k4, Oct 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wasd2k4

wasd2k4 Thread Starter

Windows XP Professional Hangs I DON't know why!!! It hangs when i play games, ms word, internet or just playing mp3. I thought it was the memory so i tried to remove my 2 216 mb memory but still hangs and it tried to remove the 521 mb memory but still hangs so its not the memory. The i tried to see the management in my computer

the most errors i see is

AMLI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to read from an illegal IO port address (0xcfc), which lies in the 0xcf8 - 0xcff protected address range. This could lead to system instability. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

and the error mathces from the time it hangs
    how can i fix this

My System is

AMD 800 Duron
    ASUS Geforce 2 MX400 AGP Video Card
    1 GB RAM (But now is 512 because i remove the other 512)
    MS WIN XP Pro
    USB Modem
    Keyboard and Wireless Mouse

Most Runned Programs: Corel Draw, NBA Live 2003, 3DSMAX5, MS WORD, CnC Generals

sometimes Blue Screens appears when it hangs it shows

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

What the heck is this?

2. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

It sounds like you need to update your BIOS, if there is an update available.

The ACPI BIOS error is showing your Motherboard BIOS isn't compatible with Wiindows XP

Its a tricky job flashing the BIOS, if your system is new then take it back. If it goes wrong, it can make your motherboard unuseable.

4. wasd2k4

wasd2k4 Thread Starter

How Can I Update/Upgrade my BIOS? Is it downloadable?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171370

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice