Win Xp Hangs!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wasd2k4

Windows XP Professional Hangs I DON't know why!!! It hangs when i play games, ms word, internet or just playing mp3. I thought it was the memory so i tried to remove my 2 216 mb memory but still hangs and it tried to remove the 521 mb memory but still hangs so its not the memory. The i tried to see the management in my computer

the most errors i see is

AMLI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to read from an illegal IO port address (0xcfc), which lies in the 0xcf8 - 0xcff protected address range. This could lead to system instability. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

and the error mathces from the time it hangs
how can i fix this

My System is

AMD 800 Duron
ASUS Geforce 2 MX400 AGP Video Card
1 GB RAM (But now is 512 because i remove the other 512)
MS WIN XP Pro
USB Modem
Keyboard and Wireless Mouse

Most Runned Programs: Corel Draw, NBA Live 2003, 3DSMAX5, MS WORD, CnC Generals

sometimes Blue Screens appears when it hangs it shows

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

What the heck is this?

It sounds like you need to update your BIOS, if there is an update available.

The ACPI BIOS error is showing your Motherboard BIOS isn't compatible with Wiindows XP

Its a tricky job flashing the BIOS, if your system is new then take it back. If it goes wrong, it can make your motherboard unuseable.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online