1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win xp home: MS works Word dialog box

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by babymeena, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. babymeena

babymeena Thread Starter

Hi, all. I have a very important MS word doc I need to open. When I try to open it, it says "the command cannot be performed because a dialog box is open. Click o.k. and then close open dialog boxes to continue." I click o.k. but I see no open dialog box to close.
    I have another problem that is probably related to the dialog box problem. When I tried to install NJ star (app.) the dialog box comes on with no writing on it. The box only has the header with the title. Same thing is happening with my bit tornado application. Nothing but the title header. Some dialog box pops up with only the header. When I try to "maximize" it I can't. I could only close it or hide it.
    I'm using Windows xp home edition on Compaq AMD Athlon 512 mb ram. I just noticed something bizzar. It says that I already spent 7.8 gig of hard drive! I got this computer Sunday which is a couple of days ago. I just got online today. There is no way I spent that much hard drive space. Just ran add and remove and there is nothing that big there. WHAT GIVES??? Thanks.

2. MFDnNC

MFDnNC

3. babymeena

babymeena Thread Starter

Hello, MFD. Thank you so much for the info. I accidentally solved my problem by registering MS office trial version. For some reason all the problems mentioned went away as soon as MS office was registered. Thanks again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271725

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice