1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win xp home svc pk 2 & ZoneAlarm Security Suite v5.1.011.000 compatibility

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by babymeena, Sep 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. babymeena

babymeena Thread Starter

Hi, all. I just finished uninstalling Norton systemworks with great difficulty and hassle. Never again will I install anything without consulting this forum as I discovered too late that a lot of ppl had problems with this software. Now I want to try to set up my antivirus and replace my default windows firewall to a better one. I'm thinking of installing ZoneAlarm Security Suite v5.1.011.000 as this has both AV & firewall protection. Seems to have good reputation also. Has anyone installed this one their win xp home ed with service pack 2? I glanced at a incompatible software list from MS (i think) and Zone alarm was one of those however it didn't mention zone alarm security suite v5.1. In case I need to uninstall it, is it difficult? Any input will be greatly appreciated.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    I have an older version of ZoneAlarm PRO, 4.5.530, and it works perfectly. You should however go Control Panel and disable the Windows Firewall before you install ZoneAlarm.

3. babymeena

babymeena Thread Starter

Thanks, triple6. It's up and running without a problem. For now at least... ;-)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276202

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice