Win Xp Pro/win 98 Install

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Blaqsense

I HAVE THIS OLD PAVILLION 6735 633MHZ/192 SDRAM/15.GB..NOW I HAVE 98 SE ON THIS SYSTEM.... SO I WOULD LIKE TO EITHER UPGRADE/FRESH INSTALL ON THIS NEW SYSTEM. THE PROGRAM WON'T START UP WHILE IM IN WINDOS 98...BUT ON MY LAPTOP (WHICH HAS XP ON IT...LIGHTS UP LIKE IT'S CHRISTMAS). SO I TRIED TO BOOT TO THE CD...OF COURSE CHG THE BIOS BOOT SEQUENCE AND NOW I GET A MESSAGE "VERIFIYING YOUR HARDWARE CONFIGURATIONS"...OKAY COOL...THAT MESSAGE GOES AWAY AND NOW I HAVE A BLANK SCREEN BUT THE CD IS RUNNING (BUSY LIGHT) I CAN CHECK TO SEE IF THE SYS IS HUNG BY PRESSING THE CAPS AND I GET IT SO THE SYS IS STILL RUNNING OH NOW I JUST RECVD..
FILE /I386/BIOSINFO.INF COULD NOT BE LOADED ERROR CODE 6912..SETUP CANNOT CONITNUE..PRESS ANY KEY TO EXIT.... OH I DID THE FLASH ROM TO UPDATE MY BIOS TO A RECENT VERSION FM HP AND IT THAT WAS SUCESSFUL... I HAVE NO CLUE RIGHT NOW AND I'M ABOUT TO SNATCH THIS HP LOL.. :confused:

Hi blaqsense,

Methinks you are out of room. Did you format the HDD
first ? I think you will need to. If you have a burner,
save any important data, first.

Blaqsense

Yes I Reformated This Harddrive Today...nothing Is On It Except Windows 98 Se.......and It's Working Fine.....not Able To Load Xp Within Windows Or Boot To It...still Have This Error Here.. File \i386\biosinfo.inf Could Not Be Loaded The Error Code Is 6912.....setup Cannot Continue??? Aghhhhhh

Are you using an OEM's CD or a purchased copy of XP. Some computer's from manufacturer's lock their bios file so it can only be installed on their computers.

Blaqsense

I Think That This Maybe The Case About Bios Lockout But Then Again..i Had Me On It First And Then Put 98 On It. I Have No Idea What Avenue To Go To Now. This Cd Is A Burned Copy I Made From My Originals But Over The Years I Can't Find The Original Cd.......i Need Help Quick

Blaqsense

(y) Solved: I Had A Bad Burn Copy Of My Xp......went Out And Bought A New One And All Is Well Thnks..i'll Surely Be Back To Find More Info Here.thnks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts