1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win XP Product Key

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ninong, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ninong

ninong Thread Starter

I just upgraded my computer with a new motherboard and new hard drive, but I can not load my Win XP back on the computer because I get the message that I have exceeded the number of times it can be used. I don't get it. Is there a limit to how many times you can upgrade? I only have 1 computer in the whole house, so when I don't have it, I have nothing.
    I have a valid # that has worked several times in the past, so I don't understand why it is not working now. How do I get it to work? I live in the Philippines and I have been trying to call the phone #'s provided for the last 4 days, but I always get a busy signal on both phone #s. I sent an e-mail several days ago, but I can not check that mail, because I am locked out now. I hope someone can help me with this so I can get back to my website.

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    The fact that it has a new motherboard is why the product key isnt working. the activation thinks that you are installing it on another computer instead of the same one. its considered a major hardware change.you will have to keep calling and explain the situation to microsoft and they should be able to help you.theres not really a limit but they do get a little suspicious if its reinstalled a lot in a very short period of time however.

3. ninong

ninong Thread Starter

Thanks for the information. I guess the problem developed because the first motherboard we installed turned out to be bad and had to be replaced after only 1 day of use. XP was already reloaded on it. I'm going to figure this out somehow. I guess I will continue to try to call those #'s, but it seems pretty useless at this time.

4. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    You are welcome and good luck to you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084095

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice