Win Xp Professional Build 2600 & IBM Thinkpad 600 Modem problem

why is there a problem with Win Xp and THINKPAD LAPTOP

• XP a fake Nt with no support

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Microsoft is Monopolizing not only our software but Hardware

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mdp535

Pls some 1 Help - I have a Ibm ThinkPad Laptop - 600 p2 266mhz 17 gig Hd Inernal Modem 56k - the problem is while running Xp Professional I can go online no problem - the problem occurs when I want to logon a 2nd time - the modem never can reset itself - I have a string command error - and then I get an error msg that says restart modem or shutdown the modem - Mde00001 interal error - which i looked up and says rpt to manufacturer. - I contacted Ibm and they say I have to Upgrade the Bios and they believe this should Help - has any 1 encountered this problem or have an idea that can assist me - I checked for new drivers other than the Microsoft dicatated Win Xp drivers for the modem - and if I dont' reinstall the machine every time I can 't use the modem again - this is insane some 1 Help pls. I am thinking of getting a pcmia 56 k modem and trying it to see if it happens with it also - i doubt it but it makes no sense can some 1 point me in the right direction to fix this. Any Info on this would be Helpful to me thanx in advance - mike

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online