Win XP sees my HD as a USB key?!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Chichquebob

I've just reinstalled Windows XP and made 2 partitions C: and D:. Now on the lower right display, right beside the clock, there's an icon that says ''Remove securely'', speaking of my harddrive! Is this an error and how can I get rid of it? It is displayed just like a USB hardware.

Thanks

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Let me guess, this is a SATA hard disk? I have the same problem with a system here, as well as a host of other people I've heard from. It appears to be a driver issue with the disk controller drivers for your motherboard. Would this be an nForce4 chipset based MB?

Chichquebob

Yes, it's a Nforce4 Ultra chipset! Have you got the same? And what is the good one (driver), because I've installed the one with the motherboard?!

Thanks

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Well, I downloaded the latest nVidia drivers, and it still shows up as a removable drive. I'm not sure how to get rid of that indication, but you're not alone. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online