1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win XP shutdown prob!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by twisted_mind, Sep 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twisted_mind

twisted_mind Thread Starter

hi guys
    i dont know if this can be called a problem or not.. but the thing is, everytime i shut down my computer running XP Pro, i get a black screen with the XP logo....and below it, there's a line saying "It is now safe to shut down your computer".
    I'm a newbie to XP( installed it just yesterday), earlier when i had win98SE, the computer used to power-off on shut down. i just had to switch off the power switch on the electricity board. But in XP, the logo n the line mentioned above just stay there! Is it alright to just power-off the computer manually using the power button on the cabinet?
    This sounds funny but..where's scandisk in xp? i could see only disk defregmenter in Start>accessories>system tools! does XP not do scandisk on an improper shutdown??
    with regards,
    umesh

2. twisted_mind

twisted_mind Thread Starter

oops.....If this is of any help, my system specs are
    Win XP Pro
    p-III 733 MHz
    128 mb sd ram
    Intel 810e mobo
    i have NAV 2003 and Goback running in the background all the time. Could it be one of them?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165650

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice