1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win XP simple question

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by KrzyPrk, Oct 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KrzyPrk

KrzyPrk Thread Starter

Would there be a problem if I install Win XP to both my systems at home using the same key codes ?

2. Max19

Max19 Account Disabled

First, it's illegal. One license for one computer. Second, that EXACTLY the kind of thing Microsoft is trying to prevent by it's new activation procedure. In short, no, you cannot use the same code on two computers. You have to buy two copies of Windows XP.

3. Del

Del

I have to agree with Max.. it can be done but it is very ILLEGAL.
    Del

4. murkey

murkey

actually people it is not illegal. According to Microsoft you are allowed to have the same software on 2 machines as long as they are both not running at the same time. :D

So the answer to your question KrzyPrk is yes you can as long as you don't have them running at the same time.

5. KrzyPrk

KrzyPrk Thread Starter

ok...thanks for the info guys

unfortunately, i'll would have to use both systems running at the same time.

6. angel

angel

Sorry, but you can not.
    Per Microsoft:
    Can I make a second copy of my operating system software, such as Windows 98, for my home, work or portable computer?
    No. The right to make a second copy of a Microsoft software product only applies to some application products and not to operating system software.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/56368

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice