1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win Xp SP2 Trying to Install iTunes 1.8.1?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by sandman423, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandman423

sandman423 Thread Starter

I keep getting this error...

"Could not write value iTunes Helper to key \SOFTWARE\Microsoft\\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel."

whenever I try to install...I looked in Program Files and there is no iTunes folder...

I looked in msconfig and ituneshelper is running...

How do I reinstall iTunes 1.8.1 with success? It was working fine yesterday. And when It asked me to update I did, but I got iPod Service Not Found or not working..

the other error message I get after I hit Ignore on the one above is this...

iPod Service is not under services or something like that. I don't get it...I have tried several things...iPod services not found on startup...

It is so Frustrating Please help me fix this.

Attached Files:

2. sandman423

sandman423 Thread Starter

I get these ERROR Messages...

Could Not write value Quicktime Task to Key\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. (Verify you have sufficent rights to that key.

Could not write value iTunesHelper to key\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Service "iPod Service' (iPod Service) could not be installed. Verify that you have sufficent privledges

It happens with these errors when itunes or Quicktime or ANYTHING tries to write to the registry...Not because of Nod32 or Comodo.

Tried iTunes + Quicktime and I also tried Standalone versions of itunes and Quicktime same errors.

3. peterh40

peterh40

First Name:
    Peter
    Are you a Administrator? You need admin right to write to HKLM areas.
    Check in Control Panel, User Accounts.
    It should display 'Administrator' under your user id.
    If you are, then something has changed permissions in registry, run Regedit, goto the key affected, and select Edit, Permissions to view/change permissions.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757954

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice