1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win XP upgrade or full version

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mason, Jan 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mason

mason Thread Starter

Im planning the move to Windows XP. I currently run Windows 98. Should I just get the Windows XP upgrade or should I get the XP full version? Besides it being an upgrade and installing over Win 98 what are the downfalls to using the upgrade version of XP??

2. Dan O

Dan O

They are the same except the Upgrade version looks for an older Windows, which can be on CD. I recommend you install it fresh, not upgrade, but Microsoft for the first time requirements an upgrade. But why burden yourself with old problems?

3. boyoh53

boyoh53

Hi mason, I moved from 98 to XP upgrade. It cost me a fortune and eventually bought new puter with XP pre-installed.
    My first problem when I brought old puter home was short of hard drive.Got that sorted. Then modem wasn't compatible got that sorted. Then it packed in again, by this time had spent around 3 hundred pounds. I decided this was enough and bought
    new computer.
    But while reading through one of the forums one day I got the idea on getting old computer going again. My son uses it for all the crap he wants to download and I wouldn't let him do on new puter. In short "my" upgrade experiance was a waste of good money. It may be better for you and others.
    Also old 98 was only 6GB hard drive. Best of luck with it. :D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113311

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice