Win XP Will not boot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mrcobra

Ok guys & Gals, I got an HP with win xp on it and I am having some troubles. It will NOT BOOT ! It gets to the "loading windows" screen and does absolutley "nothing". It shuts down and then goes to that screen again. Several hrs past and it just kept doing the same thing. Helpppppppppp

Cobra

Try restarting it and this time immediately start tapping the f8 key until a black screen with white lettering appears. Choose last known good configuration

They are good disks to have Cookie but they are not very popular among windows users. I myself have red Hat , mandrake suse and knoppix...Just don't have enough time or energy to learn the stuff.

Mrcobra

When I do the F8, it gets me to the screen with the option of restoring to last known good config, I choose that and the computer resarts again and then I get this error. "System is not fully installed, please run set up again" This is an endless cycle every time it tries to start up again.

I don't know anyting about these Knoppix disk and if they are safe to try out

Cobra

Try the preious route again and this time choose command prompt and type c:\windows\system\restore\rstui.exe to attempt a system restore from outside of windows.

The HP's do not come with a restore CD since they included an HP Restore Partition (dumbest thing HP has ever done!). We have seen a couple of these situations at work with the exact same message. Try using the command it shows you when you start up to reinstall windows and then use the restore option from there.

--Tehon

Yeah, you've got a big problem there!, try getting a copy of Win. XP from a buddy if you can!

Cool. So was the restore partition burned aswell? If so then did you have to go out and repurchase xp?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online