Win XP won't boot in dual boot with Win7

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
Well the tech was vague too. He didn't tell me what went wrong. He said sometimes you just have to play with it long enough. My problem though is when I play with it, I often screw it up even more.

You are right, but the tech did tell me something. He said, first the boot manager was located on C drive. Nothing was located on D drive. So trying to restore hal.dll on D was useless. Second he said that Hal.dll was an error. It said that nothing was wrong with Hal.dll.
I bought my first computer in 1979 but did not get my first PC compatible until 1995. Even though I worked as a technician I did not know much about PCs so I bought it prebuilt. I took it apart and upgraded it several times. After that I had enough confidence to build my own computer. I lost track but must have built at least ten computers since then. Remember there was no internet back then so knowledge was come by a lot of reading, talking to friends and a lot of trial and error.

Playing around is part of learning but it must come from knowledge and experience. As you learn more you will gain the confidence to take on more. Sometimes you will make a mistake but that is part of the learning process. Unless you have to have the courage to do this you will never know enough to do this yourself. There is an inner satisfaction that has made it worthwhile for me. Otherwise it better to just buy prebuilts and let other fix it when it needs it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts