Win10 Credential Manager Keeps Losing Password

KKLC

I am windows 10 Pro on my newly built computer. Strangely, my mapped drives and outlook email accounts keep losing the password when i restart my computer on the 2nd day. In the past, I had the same issue on multiple computers before, after I manually enter the password once in credential manager, it will remember the password again and work. However, on this new computer, it keeps forgetting. does anyone know what causes the issue or any solution? Would the anti-virus be impacting it? I use Kaspersky... Thanks

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
If Kaspersky is also a firewall/internet security then it's possible. But when you connect to your mapped drives, do you ensure that you check Remember Password? Try removing the mapped drives and try again.

KKLC

i tried to disable Kaspersky but it still forgot the password. yes, i clicked to remember password. it's not just forgetting the mapped drive password, but also the gmail and office365 email accounts password in outlook. so it's the cred manager in Windows losing all the password actually .... very annoying issue :/

KKLC

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Interesting....

Try this this command in Windows Powershell Admin mode:

• Get-ScheduledTask | foreach { If (([xml](Export-ScheduledTask -TaskName $_.TaskName -TaskPath $_.TaskPath)).GetElementsByTagName("LogonType").'#text' -eq "S4U") { $_.TaskName } }

If you find anything in the list that shows up:

• Search for Task Scheduler in the start menu.
  • Locate the task in the Window.
  • Right-click the task and choose Disable.
Restart and see if it retains the information

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Are you running any protect programs that may be cleaning things up on shut down?

KKLC

I tried this command and think it works. The anti-virus software didn't affect it actually. I will see how it goes for a few more days and will provide an update. Hopefully that helps anyone having this issue.

Get-ScheduledTask | foreach { If (([xml](Export-ScheduledTask -TaskName $_.TaskName -TaskPath $_.TaskPath)).GetElementsByTagName("LogonType").'#text' -eq "S4U") { $_.TaskName } }

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts