Win10: Headphone jack and USB are not recognized anymore

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rofri

Hi all

I have a PC Win10 (HP)
I probably did something (update or clicked something), but since a while my laptop doesn't recognize my phone when I plug it in (it charges tho). I googled a bit and thought the driver is maybe outdated and tried to update it through the device manager, but nothing happened (I got some error messages). I downloaded some driver update-softwares, they all recognized something like 7 outdated drivers, but they couldn't get the update done.
I'm a bit unsure what I did afterwards, but suddenly my headphone jack doesn't recognize my headphones anymore and only plays music through the speakers. I tried to download the realtek audiodriver manually, but I get errors when trying to install it.
Any idea what I can do?
Also...pretty sure the HDMI port doesn't work now either:giggle:

Thank you so much for your help guys
Ron

Last edited:
Did you check for Windows updates? These can cause all kinds of wierd problems when they go wrong. Sometimes you have to manually reboot several times to complete installation of them all.

Oddba11

Jim
Manually reinstall/update the audio drivers. Get the latest version available on the HP support page for your model. If the install fails, please provide the exact error message (or a screen shot).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online