1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win10: Headphone jack and USB are not recognized anymore

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rofri, Apr 15, 2019.

1. rofri

rofri Thread Starter

Hi all

I have a PC Win10 (HP)
    I probably did something (update or clicked something), but since a while my laptop doesn't recognize my phone when I plug it in (it charges tho). I googled a bit and thought the driver is maybe outdated and tried to update it through the device manager, but nothing happened (I got some error messages). I downloaded some driver update-softwares, they all recognized something like 7 outdated drivers, but they couldn't get the update done.
    I'm a bit unsure what I did afterwards, but suddenly my headphone jack doesn't recognize my headphones anymore and only plays music through the speakers. I tried to download the realtek audiodriver manually, but I get errors when trying to install it.
    Any idea what I can do?
    Also...pretty sure the HDMI port doesn't work now either:giggle:

Thank you so much for your help guys
    Ron

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  2. stevecook

stevecook

Did you check for Windows updates? These can cause all kinds of wierd problems when they go wrong. Sometimes you have to manually reboot several times to complete installation of them all.

3. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Manually reinstall/update the audio drivers. Get the latest version available on the HP support page for your model. If the install fails, please provide the exact error message (or a screen shot).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1225826

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice