Win10 pro local user to not need to enter password?

liviococcia

Hi Members

I have a Lenovo laptop, it has Windows 10 pro installed onto it, I have two Win10pro user accounts setup on it, one is an Admin local account, the other is a 'limited' local user account.

How can I set up the 'limited' local account user only, to not have to enter there local account password to get to the desktop (but may still have a password set to the account), and can I also configure the 'limited' user account so that when the Lenovo laptop is turned on, it loads straight into the 'limited' users accounts desktop?

Is this possible please?

Thanks for members help with this.
Regards

DakBai

Dak
Hi
DakBai, thanks for the help and link, I'll give this a go tomorrow as I don't have the laptop with me tonight, but after reading the MS article it looks pretty much a great solution.
kind regards​
Yup, let me know if it works!

liviococcia

Hi DakBai, just wanted to let you know that it works, but then after careful consideration I changed my mind, and set up a PIN instead to the account, I though having to tap in a PIN was easier for an elderly person, I thought this may maintain a basic level of security, should someone else take possession of the device, hindering instead that person from being able to go straight to the default desktop, but thanks again for your great help, regards L

DakBai

Dak
Hi DakBai, just wanted to let you know that it works, but then after careful consideration I changed my mind, and set up a PIN instead to the account, I though having to tap in a PIN was easier for an elderly person, I thought this may maintain a basic level of security, should someone else take possession of the device, hindering instead that person from being able to go straight to the default desktop, but thanks again for your great help, regards L
Yes, this is definitely the case. And if it's a Microsoft account, the PIN can be reset easily with the password if forgotten.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online