1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win2000 - Add/Remove Programs - No Programs Listed??

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mtrvideo, Nov 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mtrvideo

mtrvideo Thread Starter

Hello you really nice people. Since you have helped me on several occasions, I thought I'd try one more time.:D

I don't know exactly when it happened; however, at some point after I installed winXP as a dual boot and have been trying out some dvd burning software, I cannot add/remove programs in win2000... it states that "no programs are currently installed on this computer."

I have tried spybot (which found a few things and have been repaired)... I have tried Norton PC Doctor (which found a few things, all of which could not necessarily be repaired) and as a last resort I downloaded a freeware program Add/Remove Programs to get my program uninstalled.

In the midst of all this, I foolishly installed service pack 4 and then had to promptly uninstall it (I think it was a conflict with my video capture card -- got the blue screen of death at reboot [even in safe mode!!]). I was able to uninstall that because I had the good sense to back up and let it give me the uninstall option.

Any other ideas ??? I am going blind trying to follow the msn knowledge base suggestions checking the registry...

I don't know what information you need from me to try and help me out, so if you need any logs or stuff that I see other people post, please let me know how to capture that information for you as well... I'm pretty computer smart, just not really troubleshooting experienced... in other words, I just build em and learn as I go along.

For starters:

PIV 1.8 Mgz
    1 G pc133 memory
    Windows 2000 Pro/dual booting with winXP Pro
    Ide boot drive
    ata 100 storage drive
    4 scsi a/v drives (external raid using adaptec 2940)
    scsi cd rom
    scsi jaz
    sony DRU-500AX dvd writer
    video capture card (dv500 plus from pinnacle)
    4x agp video card

Oh.. yea... and to complicate matters, the floppy port on the mother board is fried.

HELP !!!!!... Please :)

Patty

2. mtrvideo

mtrvideo Thread Starter

I'm bumping this up... I still have found no solutions... I've run Norton PC Doctor and WinDoctor... spybot... housecalls... I've reinstalled 2000 to repair and still no luck....

Someone out there has to know how to resolve this stupid error. I just know it's something simple that I don't know about... or as I always say... it's just something stupid... it almost always is.

Help please???????????

Patty

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!