1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

win2000 server - machine reboots/blue screen

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ddzc, Apr 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddzc

ddzc Thread Starter

We're having an issue with one of the servers here.

Someone removed some windows patches to free up disk space and rebooted the machine but it looks as though the os is now toast.

The machine boots up, it connects to the network for 3 seconds, the blue screen of death flashes and the os reboots on its own. It does this over and over again until you shut the machine off completely. We tried the last known good config but it doesen't work. We cant read the blue screen bc it flashes way too fast.

Any ideas on the best and quickest method to get this machine back up?

I can't get in to safe mode.

Thanks

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Welcome to TSG....

I have a feeling that this computer is on a company run network. If it is please contact the IT department of your company and have them fix this and the person who removed the files. If we help with this and it makes the situation worse it might just make your situation worse and I for one would not like that. Please contact the IT department?

3. ddzc

ddzc Thread Starter

This machine is not running on a corporate network, it's in my home.

Can someone else help?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/561220

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice