1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win2003 DC is restricting Apps too much.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by race, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. race

race Thread Starter

i posted this on the networking part of the forum too, but it maybe an OS issue.

i am running QuickBooks and a Tech Dispatching Application on ONE Win2003 server. because i needed better security and accounting on this server, i made it a Domain Controller.

i thought i fixed most of the issues (cruised a lot of forums) and the client side apps seems to be working with the server apps.

my issue now is that the server applications will not interact with each other even though they are on the same server nor will they update themselves.

they worked fine with each other and were able to update themselves before i made the server a DC.

the firewall was not changed and i have tried updating the server apps with the firewall turned off. could not connect to the site. IE works fine and is set to low security (temporarily.)

the client side QuickBooks application does update (patches) without issue. (workstations are all Win XP.SP2)

is there something in Win2003 DC that restricts permission for applications? how do i change that?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/274770

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice