1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

win2003 makes outbound port scan from w3wp.exe?

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by PaoloPANET, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaoloPANET

PaoloPANET Thread Starter

Hi all, sorry for my bad english. I've got a lot of trouble with our win2003 server SP2. I cannot find how from this server are starting a massive port scanning, usually starting trying port TCP 69 then TCP 6667 (blocked by our firewall, usually starts to IP: 65.183.1.14) after some minute the scan process start try a thousand different UDP port to a various different remote IP...
    If i make a netstat -ano i can see the process PID of source scan: is the same PID of w3wp.exe process, so stopping w3wp.exe process the scan will stop.
    I've run Kaspersky, Spyware Doctor, Prevx, Hijack, Avast, AVG Spyware... nothing found...
    Any suggestion?
    Paolo

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!