1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win2k, blue screen.. irqs?.. video.. memory problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by That_one_guy, Dec 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. That_one_guy

That_one_guy Thread Starter

Hi. I've been recently having problems with watching .avi's using windows media player v7.01. The problem usually occurs with full length movies. After playing for say.. 30min + it would crash, or if I slide the slider bar around to skip some scenes a lot, it would crash. Now when it does crash.. it just freezes if I'm not playing it in full screen mode. When in full screen mode, it gives me a blue screen with this text at the top..

---------

*** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0xFFBFF000, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x001315E9)

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Beginning dump of physical memory

---------

Anyone have any idea what's causing this... or what I can do to fix it ? Thanks mucho.

2. Dan O

Dan O

3. That_one_guy

Hey thanks. It sure sounds like a solution to me... except I don't where the old file is located, to replace it with this new one. I tried a search on my system.. but the only one I found was the gpibpci.sys that I downloaded. Should I just stick it in a system folder somewhere?

4. Dan O

Dan O

5. That_one_guy

Hi again, hope everyone had a nifty holiday.

That post seems to point at using verifier.exe to fix the problem.. but I have no idea what any of the controls in the program is. It says to disable a lot of things, my computer already has everything disabled... at least in the Settings tab > Verification status. It's still crashing lots...

Could it be a bad memory stick? Or are all these addresses and memory that they're talking about, hard drive memory?

Anywho, thanks so far for looking up those pages, appreciate it.

6. Dan O

Dan O

I had a very merry Christmas, thank you.

I re-read the MS article and I found another article that should help you on the Driver Verifier, here's the Link: http://www.winntmag.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=7206&Key=Internals

It appears to the problem is related to memory paging and IRQLs.

The link give all the details. It states, you use the Verifier GUI (\%systemroot%\system32\verifier.exe) to configure the Verifier and view statistics about operations that the Verifier code executing in the kernel makes.

But I think your problem may caused by your paging file, which is corrupted and/or fragmented badly. The problem may be fix by formatting the drive partition and re-installing Windows 2000 and all your applications. Anothe option is run Disk Cleanup, disabling page caching (which will release the space), and run Scandisk, and Defrag from MS-DOS mode (which will clean things up). Then enable paging.

Good luck and Happy New Year.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62704

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice