1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win2k Cant find info I want to upgrade and is stuck in the upgrade

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Doby, Dec 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doby

Doby Thread Starter

HELP!

I actuall have two problems. Firstly, I had been having the worst problems with my mouse which lead to me to thinking that I should reinstall win 2k with the possiblity that this would solve everything.

The mouse is sticking and it takes 2-3 clicks to get it activated again. Then when it is idle it seems to pull to the top or side or bottom of the page on its own. I have cleaned the ball, tried another mouse and uninstalled all the sp 3 upgrades I had done. It also happens when I go into WinMe which lead me to believe that it is not a win2k prob but thought I would give it a try anyway.

I installed the win2k cd and choose upgrade.

WELL.... it now says that:

"Setup cannot locate the Windows installation you want to upgrade. Contact your system administrator"

I cannot get back to windows 2k as it keeps trying to install upgrade. I am using Partition Magic Dual Boot and if I could get back to my drive c (the duel boot now makes drive f drive c) I could at least backup the important stuff.

I would appreciate any help to get out of this situation.

Looking forward to any and all replies.

Thanks in advance.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/107749

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice