1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win2k COM Port problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ade beckham, Apr 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ade beckham

ade beckham Thread Starter

I seem to have used up all my available COM Ports under Win2k. The problem showed up when my Palm Pilot stopped Hot-Syncing. When I checked to see which COM Port it was using I found that the although the system thinks the next availabe COM Port is COM 8, only COM 1 and COM 7 actually exist. Is there any way to interrogate Win2k to find out what is using the other COM Ports or is there some way to delete the COM Ports inbetween so I can reinstall my Palm software?

Many thanks,

Ade................

2. brianF

brianF

moved to win2k forum

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!