win2k OS migration

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sentme_mail

hi,
I have a current configuration that consists of C: -> OS and P: -> Program Files on HDD0.
I ghosted the C: of HDD0 to HDD1 as i want to use C: on HDD1 and P: on HDD0. But it doesn't allow me to logon to windows 2000. I noticed that HDD1 has become E: instead of C:.
any help?

thanks

Hi Most OS expect to find the OS on the C drive. Trouble is that is all I know.LOL Peace Mal

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Your boot drive will always be C:, so unless you jumper that drive to be the first drive (primary Master), you'll probably not be able to boot from it. Did you try swapping the master/slave relationship of the two hard disks?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
It would be nice to know what you did to fix it for future reference. That's how other folks reading these forums learn about this stuff. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online